What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad model did I just get?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought what was listed as an iPad Air 2, Wifi model, on eBay, but when searching for the model numbers online, I seem to get conflicting information. It seems like maybe it's an iPad Air (1st version) with cellular service.

Here are the numbers on the box:
MGJQ2LL/A
Model A1567

Another red flag here is that when I search for this model number on Google, I get a lot of results on foreign (non-US) web sites. Does this mean I got a non-US model?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Model number A 1567 is an iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular:
https://support.apple.com/en-eg/HT201471

If you're not certain which model it is, lock at the back of the iPad. The model number, starting with A will be there as well.

The other number (letters-number combination) is the order number. Usually it allows to show the technical specifications of the iPad, and sometimes also the country of origin. As far as I can see, it's not one of the usual order numbers. It might have been education-only.

That you found sites from around the world when you searched for your device's number, doesn't show where it's from. When I enter my iPad mini's order number, I also get results from everywhere, and I purchased mine from Apple directly, I'm the original owner.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - you can check the numbers HERE - have you bought this item yet or just quoting the numbers from eBay?

I have an iPad Air 2 - Wi-Fi only (bought in early December last year from Apple online USA) - my numbers:

MGKL2LL/A
A1566

SO, our numbers don't match but not sure what that means - I'd be curious about input from others around the planet regarding your question of non-USA models; I'm sure that these numbers do vary regarding where these are planning to sell, i.e. does the European vs. the USA market received the same iPad w/ different numbers - cannot answer that w/o a LOT of googling - hopefully one of our members will 'chime in' w/ more specific information.

Personally, I would not buy an iPad (or other computer device) off eBay (although my two brothers are well respected eBayers), just prefer to go to Apple directly either online or locally. Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@giradman
If I get this right, it's an iPad Air 2, Wi-Fi only, space-grey and 64 GB? (That's what your order number tells.) :)

I agree wholeheartedly. I've read too many posts in this forum telling that members purchased iDevices from ebay, and then they couldn't activate it, because they were still connected to the previous owner's iCloud ID.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dave. Mine is model number MGWL2X/A, which when googling tells me, entirely correctly, that it's:
iPad Air2 WiFi + Cellular 128GB Space Grey, Australian stock with 1 year Apple Australian warranty.
All the different Australian stores advertising have that same number for that model description, although that same model number also seems to apply to a New Zealand store...so may be Australian sourced.... Don't really know how those numbers come about. Could be batch numbers from the factory in China:)
Interesting to see someone else favouring Space Grey, as that is the only colour providing a black bezel edging, which I prefer.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Most reactions