What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which IPad browser are you using?

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using the supplied Safari on my IPad however would someone suggest any other browsers with less limitations and more features?
Thanks in advance

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Atomic mainly because you can change the "user agent" to make it appear to websites that you are using a different browser such as any one of the Safari configurations (mobile, iPhone, iPad or desktop), Firefox3 or IE6, 7 or 8. Personally, I use the Safari iPad version and it seems to work well for me.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't change the default browser on iPAD. You can add a special bookmark, that will jump to Atomic, and open the same site on one of Atomic's Tabs. No Tabs in Safari. Apple's browser seems to be very old and poor. Every browser today has TABs.

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i've bought both mercury and atomic and both have very good features. but i seem to use atomic far more. i think it's b/c the top bar is smaller. though in full screen i think mercury is better since you pull up the radial menu with a two finger tap.

pelinca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ICAB Mobile is the best for me, especially after new update :).
Browser alternatives usually have the same features but iCAB Mobile has clearly the best interface.

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Right, just bought Atomic. Trying to import my bookmarks. Pretty stupid that you can't just bring them across from Safari on the Ipad.
Where will I find the Bookmark file on my Mac, "instructions" in Atomic are useless.
Thanks for any help.

pelinca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on icab it's so easy to sync your bookmarks, just drop them in your dropbox and icab will sync em.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Atomic for me - great browser. Haven't touched Safari since.

shiggy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mtbtires.com
Perfect Web Browser is my primary browser. I still use Safari for some sites. Seems there are sites that work better in one than the other.

I have Atomic installed, too, but have never warmed up to it.

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Atomic but for the life of me I cant figure out how to make it my default browser. Anyone know how?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No You can't

I use Atomic but for the life of me I cant figure out how to make it my default browser. Anyone know how?

Apple see to that. You can't set up any other browser, as default. The closeset thing you can do, is set up a bookmark that will take your current page and open it on say.. Atomic

Most reactions

Latest posts