What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which folder do you copy videos to?

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello folks,

The title is not complete,as it needs a little explanation.

I need to stream videos on my TV through Roku. Although I have Roku XS, the USB port never worked. As a result of that I can not play mp4 files through Roku unit itself. Now that Roku has an app that will let me stream the video, I would like to use that.

So the question is, which folder should I store the videos, so that Roku app recognizes as a generic system video folder. I usually use OPlayer on iPad, so they are stored in OPlayer's folder using iFunbox, but Roku app does not recognize those videos.

I do not want to use iTunes, because I do not want it to reset of mess up the current iPad set up. What options do I have?

Thanks in advance.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure how the Roku app interacts with the unit itself. If it's through the Roku app itself, and Roku does not call on the media in your videos app, then the media will be streamed from the app's library itself. Or, try the VLC app if Roku just recognizes any off-streaming app on your device

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is most likely that the Roku app has its own file storage due to sand boxing. The app should give some instruction as to the method(s) available to transfer files to it from your PC.

Most reactions