What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

which app to watch videos offline?

daddywoofdawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to watch videos I have downloaded on my Ipad2 (not air) offline. which app to watch videos offline?I have tried pocket but you can't watch videos offline,tried dropbox but same story. which app to watch videos offline?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A couple of often mentioned offline video player apps are AVPlayer and OPlayer. They have a variety of methods you can use for downloading videos, including DropBox. I have no idea what the best option is, or even which or the best. OPlayer does what I need it to do on the rare occasions I need it; so I stopped looking.

Though, as Johanna said, you can play videos from Dropbox when offline, if you favorite them first (while you are online) and wait for them to finish downloading. I you don't need a lot of features, and only occasionally play videos offline, it may be good enough.

OP
D

daddywoofdawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dropbox doesn't let you watch videos offline or I'm doing something wrong.tips/how to?I get no internet connection available when I try to view a video offline with dropbox.How is apple so big when it's such a pain to do anything on it.PC download it to a files and watch it anywhere,or put it on a thumb drive,and watch it on any pc.As you can tell I'm a new apple user.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless you favourite the video in Dropbox and wait for it to finish downloading while online, you won't be able to watch it later while offline.

If you check out this Dropbox page it tells you, along with other things, how to save videos and other files for offline access. https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/32

Here's another page which describes how to add videos to your Dropbox account and how to download them to the Dropbox app on your iPad for offline viewing. http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/12/09/how-to-put-movies-onto-your-ipad-without-itunes/

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts