What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where? Mac Mall or Mac Connection?

Dasanti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please forgive if this is not the right place to post.
Simple Question:
Why or why not order a new iPAD 2 from either:
Mac Mall
Mac Connection

Both have free ship, no tax & I think Mac Connection offers free engraving just like apple.com does.
Please share your thoughts, concerns, return policies, anything that would be pertinent & helpful.
Thanks
DESANTI:)

PS OR Where else do you suggest to order ( W/ free shipping/no sales tax). Tried various local stores...no stock. No pre-order that I can tell.

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've purchased products from both MacMall and MacConnection and both are very good IMHO. Both are Authorized Apple Resellers.

I purchased an iPad 2 directly from Apple myself, but if your goal is to get what you're looking for sooner and one of these two resellers have it that's fine too. The iPad will have the same one-year warranty.

One note of caution about engraving. It will almost certainly reduce the value of the iPad if you or whoever you give it to wants to sell it later. Just a thought.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with the engraving comment! Also, if something happens to the iPad and you have to do warranty work on it, many times the item will be given back to you without the engraving. IMHO, engraving is fine on an iPod, but not so much on the iPad. Some believe that it can prevent theft, as thieves don't want to steal an item with your name on it or something, but if someone really wants an iPad and is willing to steal it, I doubt an engraving would do much to deter them.

As for Mac Mall and Mac Connection - they're both fast and have great customer service. Basically, it all depends on if they have the product on hand or not. Otherwise, they both offer the same as ordering direct from Apple. I would go with whoever looks like they will ship it the soonest!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes MacMall, Mac Connections, and others will have offers with their itmes to make a difference, but with the way the iPad is selling, there is not much need for that. I have rarely seen anything to complain about with any of them, just pay attention to the fine print with any on-line seller.

OP
D

Dasanti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You Rich, China Cat & Seadog

Thanks to all who took the time to respond. I see now the engraving is no biggy. Will go with which one has the better delivery date OR order from both & see which arrives first! :D
My luck they BOTH would ship/arrive same time then I would have TWO of them!
AND a empty bank acount;)
Can't wait to be part of that "elite group" who already have their iPad.
Desanti

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my Macbook Pro from Macmall, and one thing I will say for them is that they ship items out very quickly. My order left the warehouse literally within hours of ordering it.

Most reactions

Latest posts