What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is music stored?

techknott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using ifile on my new jail broken iPad 2:) and am trying to find the default directory that the music in iPod is stored. I'm using YouTube to mp3 converter and basically want to transfer it into the iPod music folder so I can use them with my dj apps.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
techknott said:
I'm using ifile on my new jail broken iPad 2:) and am trying to find the default directory that the music in iPod is stored. I'm using YouTube to mp3 converter and basically want to transfer it into the iPod music folder so I can use them with my dj apps.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

iTunes splits/encodes the songs into specific directories that only iTunes can recognize. Look for mewseek in cydia.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you go for mewseek or pwntunes? Both have the 'add to iPod library' feature but not sure which one to go with..

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VAR/mobile/media/iTunes_control/music
But as stated before, every song is in a different folder with a random character code. You will need something like pwntunes to pair with the database and decipher without having to play each song to figure out what it is.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went for mewseek in the end, (excellent app!) uhh no.

Edit: actually I dint think its as good as I first thought. When putting songs into the mewseek folder and then transferring to iPod they show up in the music app. But when you go to sync it with your pc it says it's already synced with a library and wipes everything off! Even though I always have manage music manually.

So this is pretty much a con, unless you download music illegally, as if you've already got the music on your pc you may as well just sync it! so I just wasted £6 on nothing, so I wouldnt advise anyone to buy this.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts