What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Uploaded from Pandora Downloader Corrupted

inoneear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Pandora Downloader to download music I hear while playing Pandora (hence the name, huh). Anyway, I SSH into my iPad using WinSCP and navigate to the folder where the downloaded music is stored (/private/var/mobile/Media/Pandora). I can copy the music to my computer with no issue but the tracks are corrupted. They either do not play at all or play with no audio. If I try to convert the files into another format (say .wav from .mp3), the programs I use to do this indicate the file is corrupted. Any suggestions on what may be causing this?

As a side note, I use PwnTunes to sync my music collection with my computer without iTunes. The root path to where the music resides on my iPad is /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music. The Windows equivalent of this is Internal Storage\iTunes Music. Duplicating a test file from the Pandora folder to the Music folder did not resolve the issue.

OP
I

inoneear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the event someone else has this question in the future, I was able to access and play the files when my iPad was connected to an iMac. I used Cyberduck to SSH into the iPad and transferred the files from the Pandora folder to the iMac. I probably could have also used SSH@(ip address) from Finder.

OP
I

inoneear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CORRECTION: To access using Cyberduck, simply type the IP address in the server name field. The credentials are the root credentials of your device.

Most reactions