What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is file explorer?

Apple2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am very new to this forum and also to apple products. Few days back by chance I bought ipad mini. Untill now I have been using android phones and tablets. The whole thing is very unfamiliar to me. I have been searching a lot for the past few days to find a file explorer like android to see what is there in my pad but I couldn't find any. Is is apple that much strict that it doesn't like us to see our own device? Secondly any good video player like mx player? Thanks everybody.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS is app-centrix....and apps own the files they work with. If you want a view like on Android, then you might have to jailbreak your iPad.

You are not guaranteed a response...so it doesn't matter how many views you get. Answers/responses come when&if someone has a response to offer and feels like doing so.

I like AVPlayerHD but there are many players in the App Store. You can search for them.

OP
A

Apple2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS is app-centrix....and apps own the files they work with. If you want a view like on Android, then you might have to jailbreak your iPad.

You are not guaranteed a response...so it doesn't matter how many views you get. Answers/responses come when&if someone has a response to offer and feels like doing so.
I like AVPlayerHD but there are many players in the App Store. You can search for them.

Thanks AQ_OC for your reply. And how to jailbreak my version 7.0.4? Because I am very new to apple, I have to ask everything.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
A

Apple2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is currently no jailbreak for any version of iOS 7. Keep an eye on the first post in this thread, any announcement of an iOS 7 jailbreak will be made there. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/114230-ios7-jailbreak-status-thread-official.html

Thanks scifan57 for your reply. But I have seen on youtube, many people giving the impression that they jailbroke version 7.0.3 even. And some asking for money also to be able to download the software. Are these all scam?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57 for your reply. But I have seen on youtube, many people giving the impression that they jailbroke version 7.0.3 even. And some asking for money also to be able to download the software. Are these all scam?
Yes, every one of them is a scam. Also, all legitimate jailbreaks are free.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks once again for your clarification. I was near to pay to one of them. Will you point to the jailbreaking thread please? Thanks.
check out post #5 in this thread , it contains a link to the official iOS 7 jailbreak status thread.

Most reactions