What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you find new & good apps?

hotchoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always believe the perfect app for me is just around the corner so I never stop seeking for apps and downloading similar apps to test out the functions…

Now I’m having more than 200 apps on my iphone (32G) and at least 50 on iPad (16G), but my favorite one are only a handful (I still haven’t find my favorite photo collage & photo cropping app to-date!).

I can’t help but wonder…. Where do people find their apps? Where do you find your apps? Please feel free to share your thoughts, thanks! :D

Last edited:

JesterSevens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favourite app at the moment is iMotion HD, great little app for making stop motion films or time lapse. :thumbs:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I read this forum. I also keep an eye on several other sources such as AppAdvice, TUAW, and of course the top sellers in the App Store. There are other sources that I used to follow, but the overlap/repetition starts to outweigh the benefit after a point.

And serendipity of course. I read a lot of etch news, and bloggers like to tout their favorite apps even when it's not the main purpose of the blog.

OP
H

hotchoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read this forum. I also keep an eye on several other sources such as AppAdvice, TUAW, and of course the top sellers in the App Store. There are other sources that I used to follow, but the overlap/repetition starts to outweigh the benefit after a point.

And serendipity of course. I read a lot of etch news, and bloggers like to tout their favorite apps even when it's not the main purpose of the blog.

Just checked out AppAdvice, it's kinda cool they now have this feature of nominating a favorite apps for it to go free! :D But yes I too agree that the repeating of app featuring in different site and channels like app discovery apps are too high. =/ These days I spent more time on checking out apps like appsfire, appzap and hubbl to find new apps but except a few featured are different, rest are all the same. =/ Have this forum been very useful tho?

OP
H

hotchoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favourite app at the moment is iMotion HD, great little app for making stop motion films or time lapse. :thumbs:

That app seems very interesting and it's free :D Gotta download that and try it out tonight. hehe..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have this forum been very useful tho?

It's the largest iPad forum of it's kind (to the best of my knowledge). That means if you have a specific need the chances are better here than anywhere else that someone has an app suggestion or at least an idea of what to look for. There are sites that specialize in certain iPad and other mobile users. Those would be better, probably, for specific professions or hobbies; but nothing I've found beats the iPF for general knowledge about the iPad.

That said, you get what you put into it. It's a community, not a database. You have to participate to get the most out of it.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I run into the same issue and have finally talked myself into deleting apps and knowing the world won't end if I hit delete. I like AppsGoneFree and AppStart. Both are free apps and have some great suggestions.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
to find favorite apps usually i read this forum about it and also read the ratings in the itunes store it can tell a lot from how many people share their ratings there and how many complains and such then usually i just download the ones which have lots of ratings its easy because u just cant beat peoples voices :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts