What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are you ipadding from?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Wow, you are in the middle of nowhere! I've driven through there...from Dawson Creek to Dawson City, White Horse and on to Anchorage, Fairbanks and back...a spectacular trip up the Alcan Highway, most of which was not paved at the time. The Northern Lights are something to behold...I am envious. :)

Get some rest enjoy the Great White North and drive carefully, eh!

Fort Nelson is a metropolis compared to where I'm iPadding from now. N 59deg43.344min W121deg52.593min. Probably not another human being for 50 km in any direction, but I just saw 3 moose, a caribou and a black bear.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Wow, you are in the middle of nowhere! I've driven through there...from Dawson Creek to Dawson City, White Horse and on to Anchorage, Fairbanks and back...a spectacular trip up the Alcan Highway, most of which was not paved at the time. The Northern Lights are something to behold...I am envious. :)

Get some rest enjoy the Great White North and drive carefully, eh!

Fort Nelson is a metropolis compared to where I'm iPadding from now. N 59deg43.344min W121deg52.593min. Probably not another human being for 50 km in any direction, but I just saw 3 moose, a caribou and a black bear.
That is totally cool! I remember visiting a tiny monument in the Northern Yukon Territory where the coldest temperature on the North American Continent was recorded (minus 96F degrees IIRC). The odd thing was, there wasn't anything there but the monument, so I'm not sure who recorded it. :confused:

BTW, how are you connecting? No cell towers I'd assume. Have you got a sat phone or something? Or if you told us would you have to kill us all? ;)

You're certainly in God's country...seeing it as the pioneers did. Still envious. Enjoy!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
richsadams said:
That is totally cool! I remember visiting a tiny monument in the Northern Yukon Territory where the coldest temperature on the North American Continent was recorded (minus 96F degrees IIRC). The odd thing was, there wasn't anything there but the monument, so I'm not sure who recorded it. :confused:

BTW, how are you connecting? No cell towers I'd assume. Have you got a sat phone or something? Or if you told us would you have to kill us all? ;)

You're certainly in God's country...seeing it as the pioneers did. Still envious. Enjoy!

When I made that post I had a huge cell tower right next to me. 5 bars on the iPhone, so no communications problem. Funny what you find in the middle of a forest.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:

When I made that post I had a huge cell tower right next to me. 5 bars on the iPhone, so no communications problem. Funny what you find in the middle of a forest.
Very cool. Bet the "traffic" coming and going from that cell tower wasn't quite as much as the ones in my neighborhood. Enjoy yourself, have a safe journey and keep us posted. TIA!

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope your surgery went well and that you are feeling better!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts