What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When I rent a movie on iTunes how do I play it?

martinc31415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am stuck in a hotel and decided to rent a movie from the iTunes store. Took forever to download and now I do not know where it is or how to access it.

It does not seem to show up in my iPod app.

Slight pain in the buttocks. This is my first apple device so I am not a long term iTunes user or anything.

jq3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turn it off with the button on the upper right. When you turn it back on it should be in your video folder.

Snickers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazing! Two hours of my life shot trying to figure this out on my own and the answer was to simply turn off the iPad. It worked.

Time for mor pain. How do you get it to play on the apple tv?

contraption

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
dig4u.org
To rent movies from the iTunes Store on your iPad

1. In iTunes on your computer, click iTunes Store.
  2. In the iTunes Store, find a movie you want to rent.
  3. Click Rent. Your movie will begin to download immediately.
  4. Connect the iPad and select it in iTunes.
  5. Click the Movies tab (for iPod), or the Videos tab (iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV)
  6. Select the movie, and then click Move.
  7. After all movies have been moved, click Apply in the lower right corner of iTunes.
You must be connected to the Internet to transfer a rented movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snickers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazing! Two hours of my life shot trying to figure this out on my own and the answer was to simply turn off the iPad. It worked.

Time for mor pain. How do you get it to play on the apple tv?
Having a ball on the iPad but ran into another snag. Wanted to play a christmas slideshow and the apple tv kept getting hung up. Is this normal? Seems like it was always spinning and downloading. Several seconds of play, stop, play, stop. Darn.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Most reactions

Latest posts