What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your favorite song?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another new favorite for me: "Transmigration" by the Far East Family Band (70s Japanese progressive rock).

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK I guess very few people have heard of these guys that I listened to on a couple of CDs this arvo (thereby ageing me no end):
Because it was fairly warm in Adelaide today (33deg C), Franky Laine's "cool, clear water" seemed nice. About a dying prospector in the desert with his donkey Dan would you believe.
Then a CD by Johnny Cash, among others, that "pepper sprout" number with his significant other and then a CD of his original live series at that prison ( can't remember, Tennessee state prison was it?)
Raving over, sorry!
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The OB said:
OK I guess very few people have heard of these guys that I listened to on a couple of CDs this arvo (thereby ageing me no end):
Because it was fairly warm in Adelaide today (33deg C), Franky Laine's "cool, clear water" seemed nice. About a dying prospector in the desert with his donkey Dan would you believe.
Then a CD by Johnny Cash, among others, that "pepper sprout" number with his significant other and then a CD of his original live series at that prison ( can't remember, Tennessee state prison was it?)
Raving over, sorry!
Regards, Andrewddc28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great songs. I like the artists also.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To me, the most beautiful song ever written is Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus. And I'm not the slightest bit religious.

In popular music, it would be hard to pick just one song out of DSOTM...

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of my all-time favorite songs is "Pray for Peace" a beautiful piece by Akira Ito, the last track on his "Mugenko" album. It's a rather rare Japanese electronica import from Norway (Nippon Columbia Records) dating back to the early 80s. I have the LP, which I ripped to digital format onto my Zune.

Akira Ito, along with Kitaro, was one of the founding members of the Far East Family Band, a Japanese progressive rock band from the 70s...also great stuff. "Mugenko" could be described as being ambient, eclectic, a bit introspective, atmospheric and new-age in nature, perhaps even accused of being a bit "spacey". Think Mike Oldfield and a bit of Brian Eno with a touch of old-world Japanese flair. It's really quite a musical journey. Nothing jarring at all. It's not booming and grandiose. It just ebbs and flows nicely. Well arranged and engineered. All instrumental, mostly synthesized-he uses a lot of Roland gear-accompanied by violin, bass and cello.

"Pray for Peace" is more like a sentimental statement, a hopeful wish, of sorts. It's a bit of a lullaby. I've drifted asleep listening to the album many times. There are times when I've drifted off and then awakened gently at the beginning of "Pray for Peace"...and found it to be like a peaceful, yet conclusive "end titles" to a great movie. Powerful stuff.

If you like new age, ambient or anything by Kitaro, you owe it to yourself to listen to "Mugenko" and "Pray for Peace". You won't be disappointed.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, a link would have been great!!! Sigh! Now I have to go look. Michael! Hee Hee. How the devil are you?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of my (many) favorite songs is Livin' la Vida Loca by Ricky Martin.
Another fave is Cough Syrup by Young the Giant. Young the Giant makes great music, I love their album!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, a link would have been great!!! Sigh! Now I have to go look. Michael! Hee Hee. How the devil are you?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Hiya. Doing well. Keeping super busy. It's a long story. Would love to tell all my friends here what I've been up to.

A link to what...the album I just mentioned? Didn't think I could do that here. It's pretty rare but....PM me.

MadJoe86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fade to Black by Metallica

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts