What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your charging routine?

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
my wall adaptor does heat up somewhat when ipad is charging. of course, when i pad isn't charging and not connected (but still plugged into the wall), it's stone cold.

I'm presuming this heating up is normal and ok?

Yes, they all do that... As stated, they still trickle charge to keep the battery at 100% then the charger will be cool.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
so you're saying when it reaches the 100% charge state and starts the top up trickle, it'll cool? it's only the actual charging period where it heats up?

Almost. If you have wifi on for example, the charger will provide just enough current to maintain the battery at 100% it will be cool though, because it's not running flat out at 10 amps

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I usually wait until it reaches about 10%. I keep charges around so I don't worry about it going dead before it's due the juice.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I run my ipad down to about 10-20% before i charge it, and once every month i drain it all the way down and then charge it back up to 100%. I also shut down my ipad every night before i go to sleep, or when i know i wont be using it for a few hours.

Does anyone know if its bad to shut down the ipad every night?? Or is it just better to have the ipad in sleep mode while not in use?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a car charger for the iPad?
I've been using this car/wall charger for our iPad:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Incase-Combo-Charger-iPhone-EC20035/dp/B004CZ3D9E]Amazon.com: Incase Combo Charger for iPod iPhone and iPad EC20035 - Black: Electronics[/ame]

The only downside is that it hogs a full outlet when it's plugged into the wall. Otherwise it does a nice job (also charges my iPhone).

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any problem using the iPhone charger to charge my iPad and vice versa? The iPad charger is pretty big and I don't want to damage the iPhone.
There's no problem either way. However it will take the iPad longer to charge using an iPhone charger. iPhone chargers are 1 amp/5 watts. iPad chargers are 2 amp/10 watts. Conversely an iPhone will only draw 1amp/5watts to properly recharge so it will not charge any faster using an iPad dedicated charger.

Most reactions

Latest posts