What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best way to show a Powerpoint slideshow on an iPad?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I keep seeing you rave about this Onlive Desktop--I will have to check it out!

IMG_0446.jpg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice, AQ_OC---I need to read up on this app. You have to have your desk top on in order for the app to work?

By the way, your PPT slide reminds me way too much of Biophysics for me!!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, it doesn't need your desktop on your PC. It will link into your dropbox, though. What it does need it a good wifi signal or 4G. Its a virtual desktop but from the Onlive servers, not your PC.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now you are really selling me on this! I thought it was like some of some of the remote site apps that are used. Thank you for taking the time to speak a little about this app, AQ!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I post about it because I just think it is cool! And I pay my $5/month, too. :)

If I do a screen shot, can you even tell it came off an iPad?

Attachments

• image-886416742.jpg
    image-886416742.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:

some_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to use HTML5. HTML5 is supported by almost all browsers, so it'll be
easy to open it on iPad. To create HTML5 presentation from PowerPoint
you can use iSpring Converter. It allows easily view PowerPoint on iPad.

jimyo01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart office 2 does the slid show .. But won't play the background music

Last edited:

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a college professor, I create and use slide presentations all the time.

It's easier to create more complex and engaging presentations with Keynote on my iPad than with Microsoft's PowerPoint on my MacBook Pro.

Keynote has expected features like a "Presenter's Notes" option.

Creating presentations is a more tactile experience: You can use your fingers to move objects and text on a slide or one or more slides to a different section of a presentation.

An added feature is the ability to import Microsoft PowerPoint templates.

I'm currently exploiting the hyperlink function to make some of my workshops more nonlinear and responsive to participants' interests: Basically, I've created some Keynote presentations that are prototypes for apps.

I have only two complaints:
1. Creating transitions is a pain but only if they are all left to the end.
2. The number of crashes that could in part be due to the number of hyperlinks in my most complex Keynote presentation. Hopefully, the latest Keynote update will address this issue. (I haven't had a chance to check on all the latest changes in the update.)

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting thoughts and reviews. Just what I am looking for. Will check out these alternatives.

try pptView, it does exactly what you want.

I wanted to update you on my quest. I am now using Keynote, which did a great job of importing my PPT files, and I am using 2Screens for presentations. 2Screens is a five dollar app that lets you present on an external screen and annotate right on the screen during the presentation. watch the 2Screens video on Youtube and you will be blown away

So, for $15, I am rocking!

Bob

Onlive Desktop. Accept no substitutes. :)

+1

It's not just a powerpoint reader, IT IS POWERPOINT on the Ipad.

As a college professor, I create and use slide presentations all the time.

It's easier to create more complex and engaging presentations with Keynote on my iPad than with Microsoft's PowerPoint on my MacBook Pro.

Keynote has expected features like a "Presenter's Notes" option.

Creating presentations is a more tactile experience: You can use your fingers to move objects and text on a slide or one or more slides to a different section of a presentation.

An added feature is the ability to import Microsoft PowerPoint templates.

I'm currently exploiting the hyperlink function to make some of my workshops more nonlinear and responsive to participants' interests: Basically, I've created some Keynote presentations that are prototypes for apps.

I have only two complaints:
1. Creating transitions is a pain but only if they are all left to the end.
2. The number of crashes that could in part be due to the number of hyperlinks in my most complex Keynote presentation. Hopefully, the latest Keynote update will address this issue. (I haven't had a chance to check on all the latest changes in the update.)

chriscarrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you need only view a PowerPoint document, you can use almost any iOS app that displays documents (including Apple’s Mail and Safari). iOS can natively display, though not edit, PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx) documents—but it shows them as a continuous scroll rather than as individual slides. You also won’t be able to see any animations, builds, transitions, or other special features.

Most reactions

Latest posts