What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of phone do you use?

Lisa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i own a blackberry storm 2. it is much better than the earlier one though nothing in comparison with iphone.

airwake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the Droid in the stock configuration.

I need to learn how to get it rooted so I can tether it.

Cya

If you search around there are plenty of good tutorials out there. Now that 2.1 has been released the custom roms have all become much more stable. I'm currently running Ultimate Droid v10.

dwagner88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a rooted droid running Pete's BB 2.1 v0.8. Works like a charm, but I need to set up Wifi tethering before my iPad gets here. I guess there are a lot of droid users here because this site is owned by the same people who own droidforums.net. An ad banner over there led me to here.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an iPhone 3GS. My backup phone is a jailbroken iPhone 3G that I can tether my iPad to. Ihmo, I have the best of both worlds ;).

paul65k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackberry, 8900 Curve..........Corporate standard.

Totally sucks for browsing but it does work as a link to the Internet on the rare occasion I can't find a WiFi connection when traveling.

For replying to email though I do think the tactile feedback from the keyboard is much better than when trying to do email on my iPod touch G2 so I'm not sure I would be so happy with email on the iPhone....but I probably won't know until I try it and then I'll have a 2 year commitment :(

Cheers!

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, im not using a phone currently. I had a sidekick 3 like a year or so ago.

Stopped using it since the parents said i had to pay for it, since i said im

not a kid anymore. Blah,blah,blah. Bottom line is I dont have a phone. Plan

on getting the iphone though.:)

Faustous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Droid, rooted and tethered :) Love it... but really am looking forward to a Verizon iPhone, so I can get rid of my iPod touch and my droid.

Can't do AT&T, service is spotty IN my house :(

mjeagent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iphone 3GS, Motorola Droid, Palm Pixi, Palm Pre and Blackberry Bold. Seems like a lot when I write it all out...LOL!

Neopad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sprint Palm Pre. Love abilty to customize with pathes to WebOS. Planning to try tethering to ipad

Most reactions