What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do with ipad?

westy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a 5th/6th grade teacher who just received an ipad 2 as a gift. I want to know what applications to use for teaching and how to use this with an interactive projector. Can you help?

PamEnamel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pameast.net
Check out this app: Discover — Wikipedia in a Magazine. It presents Wikipedia encyclopedia information in an easy to read, easy to navigate magazine format. Best of all, it's free!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Best to do a google search for "iPad in education".
Theres a lot of stuff out there now and lots of teachers using them.
Take a look at Keynote, apple's version of powerpoint which is written for touch usage. Evernote (free) which stores and organises your notes and sync's them wirelessly with your desktop. GoodReader for storing documents and PDF's for speed reference and ammendment. Mindmapping software etc..
Also have a search through these forums over the past year for lots of great ideas.

sorkaSpellbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a great app yesterday to get you started. It's caked AppStart. Right bow it is free and there are some good recommendations for educators. As a bonus, not all of the apps they recommend are ones you have to pay for.

shanshuprophecy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am a secondary teacher & I have been using the iPad since January

Although there are many apps to be recommended for use during lessons, I also recommend trying out some project management/ note taking a
Ps for planning, noetaking, saving of web pages etc ... And also some apps specifically for classroom records- check out Reacher Pal ( free) & Teacher's Attache' ( not free) these are for attendance, grade records, assignment/ class/period scheduling, seating plans etc ...Teacher's Attache' allows me to have a folder in Dropbox with files- worksheets, keynote presentations, PDF's etc that I associate with a class or a day/ period- when I have that class, I can download the file and either quick view for myself or open & show on a screen - eg master of a worksheet or, notes I want students to copy etc .. Is type of pre-planning is becoming much more useful to me - no ore worrying about getting notes onto the WB -unless it's to add to my screen notes . If I open the notes in something like 2screens, I can annotate live, have live web links & go straight to the Internet etc ..

These are just my preliminary ideas& uses - I also use calendar as a schedule tool & record of what I am doing in each class - a permanent record!

For the moment - check out a notebook - there is a thread here called " best note-taking app fro the iPad?" - it has lots of reviews & ideas - also, get app shopper- a free app that let's you search around with key terms & keep a list of "I want" - it will then notify you if any of the apps you own or like are having a price drop or update.

Have fun!

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, Westy! As you can see already this is a great place to find out how best to use your new device (lucky you!). You will find there are a lot of great helpful folks here.

Chiky

Most reactions

Latest posts