What's new
Apple iPad Forum šŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to Do, Experts?

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Again,
To the point (as you may know) Iā€™ve been hacked, *probably started 7 months ago. I have done *everything* in my ability, Iā€™ve asked your peopleā€™s kind advice, been to the Apple store so many times, and *everything else I could think of, including both Erasing all Content and Settings and doing a restore, once from backup, once manually, all to no avail.

As Iā€™ve done Iā€™ll I can, the question is: What to Do? As in, should I get a new computer? Or could the hacker get his/her hands on it too? Because I donā€™t know how s/he got into my machine in the first place, if it happens once, it can happen again. right? Maybe if they know the ISP, thatā€™s all they need? Wouldnā€™t that make my new machine useless? Or knowing my name/phone number?

I never misused the ā€˜Net, so Iā€™m ā€˜educatedā€™ on what bad people can and do do.

All I wanted is a private, secure, anonymous ā€˜Net connection.

So, should I get a new machine, consider some software???

Thanks!

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thatā€™s a tough call. If there is a retailer with a good return policy, Iā€™d be tempted to buy a new device and give it a try. If it also goes crazy on you, return it for a refund.

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jupiter 7 thanks, I hadnā€™t thought of this.

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After all youā€™ve been through you didnā€™t think of changing the router password ?

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I donā€™t stay in my own place, so Iā€™d have to ask the manager...

But, Iā€™ve been moving around, different towns, even neighboring countries, to the best of my knowledge, this made no difference in the level to which I was being hacked. What do you think about that?

Most reactions

Latest posts