What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage Question

Jacob Gonzalez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm an Apple junkie, and often use my iPhone, iPad and MacBook for basically everything school and work related, or just general usage.

I've noticed since the release of iOS 7 a year ago now, there has never been an option to erase all of your messages at once. Is there a way to do this? Erasing them one at a time takes forever and my iPad and iPhone get buggy when I erase several conversations.

Thanks! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the app, tap and hold on one of the messages until this appears, tap "More":
image.jpg

Then this is the next you'll see:
image.jpg

Hope that helps.

OP
Jacob Gonzalez

Jacob Gonzalez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! This looks like a per conversation method though. I was wondering more along the line of deleting several conversations at once.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only other option I'd know is to tap Edit at the top left, and then delete the "persons" (conversations). It's faster than the first method, but you still delete conversations one by one. Sorry!
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Jacob Gonzalez

Jacob Gonzalez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That really sucks. iMessages start to take up a ton of memory in my iPad and iPhone and for whatever reason when I try to delete several conversations in a row my devices bug out trying to get rid of all the content. I never renewed my developer account so I never got to try the beta for iOS 8 this time around :( but thank you for all the information guys!

Most reactions

Latest posts