What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What memory to go for?

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
space is like money..the more u have the more u want...dont fall into this LUST unless u absolutely need it..hope someone JB to use external usb drive with ipads :D

Seagate has already introduced a wireless GoFlex for the iPad for $300.
I think it is 500G.

Viva La Erica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As others have mentioned, go with what you can afford and make it work. 16GB is a lot of space. Don't be like my mother who only uses about 5GB of stuff but wanted the top notch 64GB! She doesn't even NEED it nor would ever use it with her lifestyle!

I have a 16GB iPhone 4 and although I have maxed that out already, it's ok to uncheck lots of songs & some videos that I don't really even like. I made it work w/ my iPhone.

Let us know what you get!

OP
E

eddy20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've taken the plunge and gone for a black 32GB wifi only model, i concluded that the 64GB wouldn't be used and i didn't want to restrict myself to only 16GB, would prefer to pay the extra and have the luxury of not adding and deleting films etc. Now just have to wait till the estimated delivery date of 14th June :(

OP
E

eddy20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
was tempted by the 3G but wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost, as everywhere i would use it has wifi, parents house, uni, most hotels etc :)

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blueface said:
I think it is 500G.

For $300 yes you get 500gb. But then again it's another device you have to lug around.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
space is like money..the more u have the more u want...dont fall into this LUST unless u absolutely need it..hope someone JB to use external usb drive with ipads :D

I think it is 500G.

By wireless u mean wifi...npw those are really slow solutions..and 500gb is a lot! Dont they have 30 gb kind or anything coming? Anyway nothing beats wired usb..i think there was another similiar wifi device..even that was slow..it was usb wifi with battery.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We guess you mean storage, not memory

The memory is fixed at 512 meg and you cannot alter that. Your storage choices are 16, 32, and 64 gig. Get the max you can afford, just like you would with your computer.

Kin Lau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 16 gig iPad 2 and really wish I got the 32 or 64. I only have 1 gig free.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd recommend the 32gig one, which is the one I currently have. 32gigs is actually quite a lot of space, and after mass app downloading sprees, I still have yet to get to the 16gig benchmark, and that includes my music collection too. I'm not sure how much it would take to store movies and shows though, because I never watch those.

If you can't decide between the low ground and the high ground, go for the middle ground. That's my philosophy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

solorca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 16gig version, but I wish that I would have gotten the 32gig.

The first thing you notice is that two full gigs are taken by the preinstalled items and the OS, which takes you to 14.

Personally, I have no interest in putting music on the ipad because I store all of my portable music on my phone and I rarely listen to music through my computer/ipad. I don't like to keep a lot of videos either, as I typically watch what I want to see and then delete it from the ipad. For that reason, I went with the 16gig.

With that said, I had no idea that so many apps would be so massive in size. I love apps with beautiful images and information, and I already have 3-4 apps that are over 300mb in size, along with a number of other ones.

Garageband is around 400mb
MOMA app is around 300mb
The Elements app/book is 1.3 GIGS!

I've had the ipad2 for less than a week and currently have only 8 gigs left with no music or movies. If I decided to go on vacation and put 3 movies on the ipad, I wouldn't have any space to rent a movie from the itunes store because of the space required.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The price for the. Sea gate 500gb wifi hard drive is 200.00 $ not 300$ asi seen in other post on here

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPa

Last edited:
OP
E

eddy20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My black 32gb wifi only iPad arrived today and I've not been able to put it down :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eddy20 said:
My black 32gb wifi only iPad arrived today and I've not been able to put it down :)

Sounds like me the first..... Well..... Ever since I bought it. :D
Going to hit my 10 month anniversary in 14 days. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts