What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best remote desktop for iPad?

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think he means sound in applications he is running.

I could be wrong, but I know that is a frustration for me. I might not use it tons, but to be able hear sounds from something I am doing in browser would be nice.

Outside of that, zumocast and air video are great programs.

Sviatapolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think he means sound in applications he is running.

I could be wrong, but I know that is a frustration for me. I might not use it tons, but to be able hear sounds from something I am doing in browser would be nice.

Outside of that, zumocast and air video are great programs.

Yes that's what I mean. I don't really care about sound quality. I just want to be able to let's say open a music file on the remote machine and hear what it is through the ipad.

jimmiem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought Jump and it was usable but cumbersome. I bought iTeleport for it's ability to work on a local area network without internet and I'm so glad I did. The interface is awesome! It's so intuitive and when you learn the gesture shortcuts it makes using your computer practically easier thru the iPad than with a mouse and keyboard on the computer itself.

The one problem I have is when I use iteleport for a long time and then close it, I try to control my iPad using the same interface. I actually think this speaks to how intuitive iteleport is. Actually, this is how MS should make a Windows tablet work!

Sviatapolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought Jump and it was usable but cumbersome. I bought iTeleport for it's ability to work on a local area network without internet and I'm so glad I did. The interface is awesome! It's so intuitive and when you learn the gesture shortcuts it makes using your computer practically easier thru the iPad than with a mouse and keyboard on the computer itself.

The one problem I have is when I use iteleport for a long time and then close it, I try to control my iPad using the same interface. I actually think this speaks to how intuitive iteleport is. Actually, this is how MS should make a Windows tablet work!

Does it play sounds from the host PC?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTap RDP plays sound on the iPad from the PC. It's not perfect, but it helps. Nice to hear that Farkle sound when you lose a game lol.

As far as RDP, I have tried just about all of them and for me iTap RDP was best. Not the cheapest, but it was fastest with more features--and constantly updated. I bought it long ago for my iPhone and it now works on my iPad too (as native iPad app of course).

Michael

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NTR Connect works great - works the same as LogMeIn but is totally free including the iPhone app. Not sure if there is a proper iPad app yet or not.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jump Desktop is on sale today (9/29) for five bucks. I sent them an e-mail asking if they have support for left handed users... But since they have a history of updates, and it was only sawbuck, I decided to try it out. To my delight, it not only supports left handed users,but it is faster and more feature rich than WinAdmin.

Get it now, if you want to save $15.00!

I make my living doing remote support on PCs and I've used a number of remote clients over the years This one's a keeper.

DaWeav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jump Desktop is on sale today (9/29) for five bucks. I sent them an e-mail asking if they have support for left handed users... But since they have a history of updates, and it was only sawbuck, I decided to try it out. To my delight, it not only supports left handed users,but it is faster and more feature rich than WinAdmin.

Get it now, if you want to save $15.00!

I make my living doing remote support on PCs and I've used a number of remote clients over the years This one's a keeper.

I took the plunge myself today, and so far it's a nice app since it does both RDP & VNC. Worth $5 that's for sure. I have yet to try it over 3G, but considering how well it does over WiFi, I don't expect any problems. Just didn't do RDP audio in my first attempt so going to have to try it again later.

tehBrad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use splash top. It's great and you don't have to drag to move the mouse it's just tap. Also the videos play exactly like how they would on the pc. ANC sound works! I got it for $.99 don't know if it was discounted at the time though.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Downloaded jump and so far, other than subpar scrolling capabilities, it isn't bad for $5, compared to the other options out there.

I wish it could incorporate more of the feel of itap, especially seeing as technically it is a significantly higher price point, but since the support has been fantastic so farm, I feel comfortable that they may respond to suggestions!

Most reactions

Latest posts