What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best iPad case w/bluetooth keyboard?

techforcity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a nice case with a built in bluetooth keyboard, but don't know which one is the best. I've seen a couple to choose from, but really don't know which one I should get.

Can someone please help me?

OP
T

techforcity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the quick response. Do you guys happen to know what the status of the clamcase is and how that compares to the zaggmate?

DDustiNN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Zaggmate the other day from Best Buy... It was pretty awesome, but I actually returned it today. It's a great quality keyboard, and I loved the way it looks when "closed" with the iPad, but my biggest issue was what to do with it when I'm not using it. Like when I get my iPad out to do something that doesn't involve typing, I'd have to have somewhere to set the keyboard aside. Not very convenient if you're moving around a lot (a major feature of the iPad to begin with). Keep in mind that with the Zaggmate, you are basically always lugging around a keyboard along with your iPad. Sure they fit nicely together to carry, but they are still two separate items that are really not connected in any way. You can't just fold the keyboard out of the way.

So, as much as I loved the keyboard, I decided that I just wouldn't use it often enough to warrant a $100 purchase, nor enough to negate the nuisance of setting it aside when not in use.

I actually ended up back with the Apple Case... I absolutely love the feel of the material. That was another thing that was slightly bothersome about the Zaggmate/naked feel... it's just too smooth, and always wanted to slide out of my hand.

My ideal case would be the Apple case with a keyboard on the inside and a kickstand on the outside to hold up the screen when typing. That would be absolutely perfect.

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"best" case entirely depends on the user's preferences, where the iPad is going to be used, and how it's going to be used.

I own 3 iPad cases. The one I use the most is Contour's iSee case (34.95 @ the Apple store), as I am using mostly indoors with light traveling. For extended trips, I use Apple's case, since the flap for screen protection and built in stand function are essential on the go. The 3rd case I have is the Incase Convertible .. Seldom used, but my iPad with the Contour case fit inside the Incase Convertible. Gives me the quick extra travel protection I need in case I just want to slip the Contour'ed cased iPad in and go.

I have a Bluetooth keyboard that I can pair up as needed, but interestingly, I've gotten quite used to using the onscreen keyboard, and use it almost exclusively now.

If I were to purchase a keyboard case, however, the ClamCase piques my interest, as it is very "laptop-like" in appearance. I actually tried to buy one right after Christmas, but they were sold out. I checked again the other day, and the website says that they are still sold out. Was $99 with the gift card promo, but is reported to go up to $119 or more.

The other one that looked pretty good to me was the Cruxcase360, although I haven't seen any reviews on it, nor do I know if they are shipping yet. Probably just as well, since they are asking a cool $150 for the Cruxcase360. Great looking case though, I'll give them that.

I think that the Zagg case is a good choice for minimal size and weight. For the same dough, I like the Clamcase's feature/functions better, but with no official reviews or any in stock to purchase at the moment, the Zagg seems to be the best choice for keyboard cases under $100 that I've seen so far.

JesseD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im waiting to get my clamcase
I used the Zaggmate for a bit but liked the look of the ClamCase. Theres also the Cruz360 ( sp? ) that looks promising as well

Most reactions

Latest posts