What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Happens When One Trades

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am toying around with the idea of letting Best Buy buy back my iPad 1 and getting an iPad 2. Are my files transferable between the two? If yes, would this be done via iTunes?

Can I uninstall my apps on 1 and then install them on the new iPad 2? If yes, how?

Is it possible to install an iPad 1 backup on the iPad 2?

Thanks

Mike

Reaction score
MikeV99 said:
Is it possible to install an iPad 1 backup on the iPad 2?

Yes. When connecting the iPad 2 with iTunes it asks, whether you want to restore, choose yes, wait a few hours and then all content (music/videos/apps/settings) will be copied over to iPad 2.

There is no need to uninstall apps on iPad 1, as apps can be used on an unlimited number of iOS devices.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great. After I backup the iPad 1 how do I remove everything and get it back to factory state?

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perfect. Now all I need is a little spare change? I think I shall wait until I get close to the 6 month 50% window and then make the jump.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perfect. Now all I need is a little spare change? I think I shall wait until I get close to the 6 month 50% window and then make the jump.

Thanks for the help.

Mike
You might not want to wait too long if you want much for you iPad. I sold mine to Gazelle.com 2 weeks ago for $530. The price they offer now is already down to $381.

The more high-end apps that come out that require the iPad 2's processing and graphics power, the harder it's going to be to sell the original iPad.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I bought my iPad, Best Buy had a buy back special going. If I trade it in within 6 months I get 50% back. I get 6 months use of the iPad 1 and then get an iPad 2 unless the iPad 3 is here by then ;).

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
50%? not a chance. I would sell it privately first.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may be right. However, Apple is selling new ones for $729.00. I can get $415 anytime between now and about 5 months. Refurbished units are selling for $659.00. Gazelle is offering $318. Free shipping Mint ones are selling on eBay for $550. I might be able to get that for mine, but maybe not. The market is quickly becoming a buyer's market.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikeV99 said:
You may be right. However, Apple is selling new ones for $729.00. I can get $415 anytime between now and about 5 months. Refurbished units are selling for $659.00. Gazelle is offering $318. Free shipping Mint ones are selling on eBay for $550. I might be able to get that for mine, but maybe not. The market is quickly becoming a buyer's market.

Which model? If this was answered in a previous post I missed it.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
50%? not a chance. I would sell it privately first.

I have to agree, that's not great deal. Mine was almost a year old and I sold it a week before the new one was in stores, and still got $530 for my 64gb g3 at Gazelle. I'll probably do the same thing the week before the iPad 3 comes out. I love tablets!

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AJsAWiz said:
Which model? If this was answered in a previous post I missed it.

I missed seeing that my sig was not shown.

64KG + WiFi

iPad 64KG + WiFi Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts