What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happens to a TV show or movie from iTunes Store?

BoxMaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I go to iTune Store and purchase a tv show or movie, can I save the program to my iPad or my computer to view at a later date? Or is it to be viewed while it streams to my iPad only and cannot be saved?

I live in the country and have satellite Internet service which is slow and I am also limited in bandwidth. I can receive unlimited bandwidth in the middle of the night and could schedule a download.

psy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use iCloud and iTunes match so I can watch downloads on my pc, iPhone or iPod, also wife's iPhone or pc.
We also have the apple tv, for £99 (don't be fooled into buying a hdmi lead for 40 quid lol ) that they will try to sell you with it,
With the apple tv which is a tiny black box, it simply plugs into hdmi socket on tv and wirelessly connects to your router,
You can choose to allow any pc to share iTunes content and watch anything your tv remotely all navigated by the remote that comes with it or remote app for iPad. You can also watch net content like YouTube etc direct to tv or as we did over crimbo rent movie from iTunes for 99p and watch on tv......awesome
It is also handy for photos or videos on your pad or iPhone. Simply press the airplay button and at bottom of photo and it pops on to tv simples.

OP
B

BoxMaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, Let me see if I understand. I will be able to download a purchased TV show/Movie to my computer (scheduled for the middle of the night). Then with Apple TV thingy, I can play the show/movie to a TV in my house using wifi?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Ok, Let me see if I understand. I will be able to download a purchased TV show/Movie to my computer (scheduled for the middle of the night). Then with Apple TV thingy, I can play the show/movie to a TV in my house using wifi?

Correct

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Suzan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@psy

What version of iPad have you got?
I am trying to do just what you have done but with iPad 1. Not sure it is feasible. But I am going to try tomorrow.
Fingers crossed :)
S

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suzan said:
@psy

I am trying to do just what you have done but with iPad 1. Not sure it is feasible. But I am going to try tomorrow.
S

I do it with both iPad 1 and 2, the only difference s that I get full mirroring on iPad 2 whereas on the iPad 1 I can only use apps that are airplay enabled, but there are plenty of such apps.

The Archangel

OP
B

BoxMaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@psy

S

I have ipad 1 also. Going to try downloading one tonight.

psy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. I'm using iPad 2 32gb wifi,

Most reactions

Latest posts