What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened? Podcast shows deleted

GaryG45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m running iPadOS13.3.1, which was installed sometime last week. This problem has occurred on an iPad Pro 10.5”. Two nights ago I listened to episodes from two of my podcast shows, and all of my 12-15 shows displayed. Last night when I opened the Podcast app only 4 shows displayed, and the shows I listened to the previous night were among those missing. I was subscribed to the shows that were deleted. I shutdown and restarted the app and rebooted the iPad. Neither action resulted in the deleted shows reappearing.

Does anyone know what could have caused the shows to be deleted? Is there a way to get the shows back without searching and resubscribing? It doesn’t appear that iCloud backs up the shows, so I cannot use it to recover the shows. TIA for any help provided.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Settings app. Go to Podcasts, scroll down to Episode Downloads. If “Delete Played Episodes” is enabled, turn it off.

OP
G

GaryG45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at the Settings app. Go to Podcasts, scroll down to Episode Downloads. If “Delete Played Episodes” is enabled, turn it off.
I don't think that would make the shows get deleted. I've had that enabled for years in order to delete episodes I've listened to. On Friday show NPR Tiny Desk Concerts had 6 episodes, and I listened to one, which left 5 that I hadn't listened to. Last night the show NPR Tiny Desk Concerts and at least 8 other shows no longer are in my podcast library.

Most reactions

Latest posts