What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does your Screen Name/Member ID mean?

Vlammetje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My nick is derived from my surname. In English my nick means 'little flame'.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

arckadian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine comes from an old pc game released by origin. In ultima 7 the forge of virtue there was a demon trapped in a mirror and as I can never remember how to spell it I made something off it. Arckadian has been my nick form some 20 years now and I use it just about everywhere. I have also been told by someone that it may also mean an Angel and a Demon. That is as of yet unconfirmed.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
arckadian said:
Mine comes from an old pc game released by origin. In ultima 7 the forge of virtue there was a demon trapped in a mirror and as I can never remember how to spell it I made something off it. Arckadian has been my nick form some 20 years now and I use it just about everywhere. I have also been told by someone that it may also mean an Angel and a Demon. That is as of yet unconfirmed.

I thought it might have been from the movie "Scorpion King" with Duane "the rock" Johnson...lol.

arckadian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nah just an old computer game hehe. I am rather fond of it. I still play it even now. I think it original release date was 1991

TraumaBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I treat trauma patients, I try fix the broken. I chose "Boy" as it signifies theres a lot more skills to acquire and things to learn, so in some way your always a boy trying to be a man (please insert changes for gender).

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is my middle name. Although it's spelt Lee-Lai. They wouldn't let me use the hyphen when I joined. I've used it forever for everything. I love cats and have always had them in my life. Have only ever come across it once and I just couldn't change it, so I didn't join.
Great thread, so interesting to know what the names really mean. Quite a few surprises in there and how funny some of them are.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am a retired EE prof, doing research in electromagnetic field theory. Oliver Heaviside, mentioned in the Broadway play Cats, is my number one hero: a self-taught Victorian electromagnetics theorist, mathematical genius, and all-around curmudgeon. He is responsible for predicting the "Heaviside layer" in the ionosphere.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is from a silly song I made up in a sleep deprived state with a fussy newborn at about 3am, 11 years ago.
Naked....baby....toes!
He's got naked
BABY TOES!!(as I clapped the bottoms his wee baby feets together)

Made him feel better, so I kept singing & feet clapping.
It's been my screen names & email addys & account sign ins since forever. Makes me smile:)

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heaviside said:
I am a retired EE prof, doing research in electromagnetic field theory. Oliver Heaviside, mentioned in the Broadway play Cats, is my number one hero: a self-taught Victorian electromagnetics theorist, mathematical genius, and all-around curmudgeon. He is responsible for predicting the "Heaviside layer" in the ionosphere.

Just shows how wrong one can be - I thought you had something to do with weight control or slimming :)

plankton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whales are magnificent creatures, and like any other animal they eat. They like plankton, I like whales. Add 1+1...

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heaviside said:

Wait...haven't I seen you in 'The Big Bang Theory'? :):):)

Kotja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KOTJA... Kiss Old Tami Jane's ... um... backside. I was in a grouchy mood when I thought of that one, lol.

Most reactions