What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

JChidester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.reunionwebcoach.com
Starting off on a six week, 6,000 mile road trip around America in early July. I have two small Internet businesses online so I need to stay in touch with clients and prospects.

An Acer Aspire One Netbook will be traveling with us, but it's use will be limited to hotel rooms.

The iPad 2 16GB WiFi I just bought will be our on-the-road device. I'll sign up for the ATT tethering on my iPhone4 for the duration of the trip so the iPad and my son's iPhone 3GS will be able to access the Internet that way.

In Alabama, I have a photography assignment set up; I bought the Camera Connection kit so I will be able to offload the images from SD cards and sort and share them with the client on the spot using the iPad2.

Hoping this all works... Any advice or similar experiences will be appreciated.

DelSolSea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything possible!

From "lean back" couch surfing to industrial inventory management of course with my BlueTooth barcode scanner: Serialio - Scanfob(tm) OPN-2002 Mobile Wireless Keychain Barcode Scanner

Plenty of Flipboard use but that falls under the "lean back" sessions.

Some mobile Netflix viewing with my three year old.

Trying to integrate it more in to my daily work routine as its much lighter than lugging that nasty Dell laptop.

I got the Pacsafe VentureSafe 300 bag (slash proof with metal mesh wire in the bag construction) if your in a metropolitan crowd protect your investment from hooligans!
Pacsafe Anti-Theft Bags & Travel Security Products

Also have the Otter Box Defender case on my iPad 2 and its A+++

idarkstarguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For everything connected with surfing the Internet and social networks (FB, Twitter), eBooks, video Podcasts, play games. Trying to draw with stylus, but its hard for the first time. Oh, and I like using device like a Photo Frame when it is not in use :)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
idarkstarguy said:
For everything connected with surfing the Internet and social networks (FB, Twitter), eBooks, video Podcasts, play games. Trying to draw with stylus, but its hard for the first time. Oh, and I like using device like a Photo Frame when it is not in use :)

Love the enthusiasm 

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Jessicaem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 is a great device for reading books, I’m really excited to get a book on the iPad 2 and start reading, and played game like"Star Wars Trench Run" game on the iPad .

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jessicaem said:
The iPad 2 is a great device for reading books, I’m really excited to get a book on the iPad 2 and start reading, and played game like"Star Wars Trench Run" game on the iPad .

Take a look at the British Library app thread.

lath11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using my I pad for music it's cool how you can use it as a midi controller also using it to do my college work when I'm out of the house pages is a great app to keep on top of your word docs when out and about instead of having a laptop with me

Jessicaem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jessicaem said:

Take a look at the British Library app thread.

Yes, I also use my iPad 2(iPF) for the tech forum. But most of times, Reading magazines and books, playing games.

William B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All this talk

about reading books, I am older and I love turning on my tablet and listening to my books via audible.com

Now that is sweetness that is hard to touch, esp if the eyes are tired or you are on the road. So many times this is unbeatable for me. Not expensive either!:)

avinhalls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using my iPad that I can use for listen a music. It is very intresting for entertainment. I use my iPad in watching videos. With this attractive tablet, You will certainly learn a lot and enjoy at the same time.

AdAbro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it mostly for photography and school! :)
Like using it for Mail too!

markpeace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To my surprise, I'm using my iPad for pretty much everything - from reading the web, through marking assignments, to developing a Ruby on Rails app on my home server.

Most reactions

Latest posts