What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What color?

Jack1231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to get a smart case for my iPad 2 but I want to know. Should I get the navy blue, or the red? Also I want to know how dark the red is. I don't want anythink to bright because my iPad 2 is black. If the red is not to bright then I will get the red.
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jack1231 said:
I'm going to get a smart case for my iPad 2 but I want to know. Should I get the navy blue, or the red? Also I want to know how dark the red is. I don't want anythink to bright because my iPad 2 is black. If the red is not to bright then I will get the red.
Thanks

Here is the red Smart Case.
http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MD579ZM/A?fnode=3b

OP
Jack1231

Jack1231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks. So it seems that the red is to bright and I also found out that if you have a plastic one it come's with a back. It that true? I want to get the leather one anyway but do the plastic ones have a back?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jack1231 said:
Ok thanks. So it seems that the red is to bright and I also found out that if you have a plastic one it come's with a back. It that true? I want to get the leather one anyway but do the plastic ones have a back?

The Smart Cases are all made of polyurethane and cover the back and front of the iPad. The cover does not detach. Smart Covers attach magnetically to the iPad and only cover the screen. They come in leather and polyurethane.

OP
Jack1231

Jack1231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, I'm looking at then on eBay and the brand is something called cumbria. Is that the same as apple? But I did find one that the brand was apple. And you get a free cloth screen protector and a pen to use for your iPad 2! Should I get that one?

OP
Jack1231

Jack1231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Smart Cases are all made of polyurethane and cover the back and front of the iPad. The cover does not detach. Smart Covers attach magnetically to the iPad and only cover the screen. They come in leather and polyurethane.
So if I get a leather one it covers ONLY the front?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jack1231 said:
Also, I'm looking at then on eBay and the brand is something called cumbria. Is that the same as apple? But I did find one that the brand was apple. And you get a free cloth screen protector and a pen to use for your iPad 2! Should I get that one?

Only you can make that decision for yourself. If you buy from eBay, make sure to research the seller and his feedback,especially any negative feedback received. If the items are shipped from China,it's likely that they're counterfeit or of poor quality.
If there's an Apple store close enough to visit go and check out the cases and covers. It's always better if you can see and handle the items before you buy. If you're thinking of buying a stylus,try one out while at the store to see if it's right for you.

OP
Jack1231

Jack1231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if I get a leather one it covers ONLY the front?

Ok, I get it now. There are two different things. A smart case, and a smart cover. I would like a smart cover in navy blue. But I think I have found one. But can you please tell me if it's the same to get it from eBay?!

OP
Jack1231

Jack1231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I checked his feedback. It's 99.8%. It's £6:00 postage free. I looked on my map to see how far away it is, only four hours away from me. And the brand says apple. One last thing, its a smart cover, not a smart case. Thanks for all your help and I will be buying it today.

RichMKxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just took delivery of my iPad case this morning from i-covers here in the UK. Real Leather, auto sleep/awaken function, Free Dellivery. I paid £34.95. They do it in Navy Blue too. It protects both the front and back of my iPad 3 so, I'm very happy! Gave my 7 year old my iPad 1 and bought her a kind of heavy duty case from there too "BOBO". Really ugly, but should do the job!

ashleybrown07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just took delivery of my iPad case this morning from i-covers here in the UK. Real Leather, auto sleep/awaken function, Free Dellivery. I paid £34.95. They do it in Navy Blue too. It protects both the front and back of my iPad 3 so, I'm very happy! Gave my 7 year old my iPad 1 and bought her a kind of heavy duty case from there too "BOBO". Really ugly, but should do the job!

Your child must be very happy to receive such kind of gift, there are some ipad cases these days that has cute designs which are perfect for kids. Kids can be really careless with stuffs that's why we need a really strong case much better if it is shock proof.

The red case is not really that bright, I think among the colors for the smart covers the red one is the best.

Most reactions

Latest posts