What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been catching up on some links and posts on the threads

Your table looks great, Kevin.

(Edit added on from here. ) I have just watched The Sikanni Chief video.

We don't follow tennis, but I can't help wondering whether Andy Murray slipping over several times was caused by the roof being closed over. ;). He's getting there....

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
I've been catching up on some links and posts on the threads

Your table looks great, Kevin.

The

Thanks, Richard. It's out on the deck now ready for use.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayz said:
I am on my iPad listening to the news.... Feels strange not having the tennis on.

Hallo Hayz
Yes, it does doesn't it?
But doesn't last long...as in, it's gone now. Boring!

Like loads of others, after the finals I switch off totally till Wimbledon next year... :)

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now I'm still sulking at not getting to the garden door in time to see the second batch of Red Arrows go over. Husband did but forgot the camera.

As always, we know when they are coming. They are unmistakeable as they approach, very fast, very low, very very very noisy. Think the chimney pot has got shorter!

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
We don't follow tennis, but I can't help wondering whether Andy Murray slipping over several times was caused by the roof being closed over. ;). He's getting there....
s

It might not be down to the roof going over, but his own fault. As the rain started, he was unbelievably laggard coming off the court when everyone else was scurrying about like mad things trying to put the covers over.

In the process, he delayed the covering, so the grass was wet, so it was slippery, so......QED :)

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
In real life, command is part of my job. I've learned that knowing is an extension of thinking. The knowledge comes through the process of finding out if you were right or wrong or a little bit of both, about your assumptions.

Even if you think wrong, you learn and gain knowledge. Assuming of course you survive being in error. ;)

AA

Last edited:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
There are installations all over the region. Some of them are 100s of kilometres off the highway. We have ice roads and bridges to reach others.

Thinks...
Have changed my mind about the dogs & sledge, Iditerod-style.
I watched a sledging video, to get into the flow sort of thing, but it wasn't exactly how I imagined.

What it wasn't--was sitting on the sledge in the sunshine, snug inside warm soft furs, letting the lovely little doggies pull me along, waving to all the others as I passed them, while watching the fantastic scenery go by & the northern lights dancing in the sky. Stopping off every 10 minutes or so for a toasty warm & a steaming mug of soup & a Mars bar in a handy diner.

No. It was more like--running along frantically trying to keep up with them, getting them to all go in the same direction, stopping the snarling brutes fighting with / eating each other, getting horribly, seriously cold & wet, having no sleep at all worrying about those wolverines & bears... No COFFEE for days...

Anyway, the wolfies have refused point blank to have any truck (ha!) with the whole idea.

No. Forget that. Can I hitch a ride back in your truck?

Last edited:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
In real life, command is part of my job. I've learned that knowing is an extension of thinking. The knowledge comes through the process of finding out if you were right or wrong or a little bit of both, about your assumptions.

Even if you think wrong, you learn and gain knowledge. Assuming of course you survive being in error. ;)

AA

Suppose it might depend on the proportion of wrongs experienced. A over-preponderance of wrongs might be so depressing as to turn one off completely from making forward progress. And it follows, vice versa.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
stranding said:
Right now I'm still sulking at not getting to the garden door in time to see the second batch of Red Arrows go over. Husband did but forgot the camera.

As always, we know when they are coming. They are unmistakeable as they approach, very fast, very low, very very very noisy. Think the chimney pot has got shorter!

Hi, I'm sorry you missed them. So, to make up for it I hope these will do.....

image-2410488799.jpg

image-4162062318.jpg

image-1343384972.jpg

I can post some more, tomorrow.

Most reactions

Latest posts