What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Went to the Apple store this morning

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
for the workshop, I took my new toy (my mini)

i can honestly say I didn't learn anything, but did teach...lol

the rep learned today about mapping a virtual drive and how "Documents"
worked

I was actually wanting to see if they had some to teach that I didn't already know

the kid there was very nice and very at ease with the iPad, but I actually know more about the iPad than him...either way I enjoyed the visit
the store was kinda larger than I expected too

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't know they offered workshops at the Apple store. Did it cost money?
Also what mini do you have? I'm thinking about picking up a new one.

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting. I also probably know more than the guys at the store but it's still good to know that they offer them.
My daughter is turning three next month and she wants a mini. I can't decide which one to get. Not having retina doesn't bother me at all. I think the non retina display looks great. And I spend 90% of my iPad time on a retina iPad 3. Whenever I pick up my sons non retina mini it looks fine to me.
But I'm wondering if I should get the new mini for the faster processor. Some of the newer games seem to push my son's mini and he even gets crashes now and then.
Can't decide.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The one thing to remember about the non retina mini is that 16GB is the only storage capacity currently available. If you need more and still want a mini, you'll have to get the retina mini.

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one thing to remember about the non retina mini is that 16GB is the only storage capacity currently available. If you need more and still want a mini, you'll have to get the retina mini.

Ya 16Gb won't be enough. Right now I'm considering a refurbished 32Gb mini for $339 vs a new one with retina for $499. So $160 price difference.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ya 16Gb won't be enough. Right now I'm considering a refurbished 32Gb mini for $339 vs a new one with retina for $499. So $160 price difference.

That seems like a perfect version to get. The savings is tangible too. Go for it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Or you can buy a used one in very good condition.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Unless you are tight on cash, the the retina version. If you are not going to upgrade often, it will be worth the extra cash.

Most reactions

Latest posts