What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the iWatch Rumour Forum

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am pleased to make this forum available so discussions can take place on this exciting new product that Apple is developing. One may ask why iPad forum and iWatch . The fact is this new product will connect with all OS devices. We have created a poll for the iWatch of which you can view here.... http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/will-you-be-getting-an-iphone-6-and-or-an-iwatch.122358/

Please be free to participate. We look forward to your comments views and discussions about iWatch .

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It certainly looks good Colin! I'm not fussed with size as I have always had big watches. I can't see the screen on little ones!!! It certainly looks good and the rumours are saying at least 10 sensors will be on there! Can't wait for the big show all in September. Or whenever they decide it will be. Let's hope with the iPhone 6's as well!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
isn't it? my favourite so far! although Gizmodo are reviewing all of the renders for the iPhone. What a laugh! flip phones, blackberry wannabes and iPod cross - heck, even I don't like it! ha ha ha I don't think anyone could predict Steve Job's and his ideas... my hero any day! The iPhone turned me into an apple fanatic, I own so many devices and am poorer for it but I wouldn't do without them! If the iWatch is as good as I know it will be, I will connive until I have conned my hubby into giving me one! hee hee Never underestimate an Apple female fan!

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Somehow I guess I'm going to be all alone in thinking the iWatch is just another move by Apple to stitch up the world of personal communications. Lately, they appear to stand for the opposite of 'open systems' which has been the great enabler in information technology, which led to the Internet, et al.

Apple seem to be dragging us back to a very profitable (for them) but hobbling to technology progress world of locked-in consumers of closed systems. I'm fast believing some users are not savvy enough to see what is happening, unlike the business users of IT back in the 80s when the yoke of closed systems was thrown off by them.

Apple make great products that work extremely well, that is, until the next model or upgrade comes along and they fast become the work of the devil. I noticed the upgrade 8.2 adds another un-removeable app to my phone.

For now, this Apple Watch app entices consumers with product videos, but it's not hard to imagine an update down the line that lets the app notify you every 30 seconds that it's time to just cave in, buy the watch and live in the future already. Like Stocks, Calendar, Contacts and other Apple-made apps on iOS, the new Apple Watch app can't be deleted from your iPhone.

Think of it as sort of a strategic advertisement that lives on the home screens of hundreds of millions of iPhone users. (Apple said today it's sold more than 700 million iPhones since it was introduced in 2007, though not all of those devices can run iOS 8.2.)

Great products, but for me - a business ethos that stinks, relying on ignorant fashion-victim users, of which I include myself, who have usually got their heads stuck well and truly where the sun don't shine.

Most reactions

Latest posts