What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web to TV?

Rapid Dog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, new here. We had to buy an iPad as backup to our dead PC.

What I want to know precisely is if I can watch live web content posted on a sports webpage on my TV using the iPad and the Apple TV module.
I see Netflix/YouTube, etc on the Apple sight mentioned but nothing about web content exactly.

In particularly I want to watch the live streaming races on the web (browser) offered through my MotoGP subscription (that I now watch on the PC)on my TV.

Possible?
Best approach?
What gear do I need?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need no gear at all. When a live stream such as music or video starts in Safari, (except those in Flash) just tap the screen and an AirPlay icon pops up. Tap it and select AppleTV. The display switches to your HDTV set.

OP
R

Rapid Dog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...wow, that would be great, so all I need to buy is an AppleTV box?
How would I know if the MotoGP streaming is Flash or not?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
...wow, that would be great, so all I need to buy is an AppleTV box?
How would I know if the MotoGP streaming is Flash or not?

Try running it from Safari on the iPad:). If it runs on the iPad, you should the option to output to ATV if/when the iPad detects it on the wireless network. You won't know for sure until you actually have ATV but I think that this should be a reliable indicator.

Be prepared that fact that AirPlay (video especially) is only available on apps that provide the option to stream video to it. For the moment that seems to be Safari, for (non Flash) video output (not the entire web page), Photos (still images only, not video camera files) and I assume Videos, which I have not tested.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts