What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web data

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when I remove web data it clears the content but leaves the names of the site, even if I edit and remove these they come back again. Any ideas please ?

For example: 'web name'. 0 bytes
Mainly UK shop sites.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What happens when you delete the browsing history as well as the web data.

OP
M

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing, I have tried doing in reverse order as well. It is just annoying as it started with one web address and occasionally adds another that does not delete. Even reboot and switched off as well.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes been trying that, that is where on website data after deleting by going to advanced I have used advanced delete all website data they go the page goes back a step and when you go to advanced again they reappear, so then on that page I have deleted individually using edit, but then they reappear.

I have used norton safe straight before and after to delete cookies, cache, history etc. to no avail!

OP
M

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, too, have this problem with around six sites. I think they must leave persistent cookies.

So it is not just me! I wonder if they are sending anything back, I have looked at privacy but cannot see anything there can help

OP
M

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had a look on the Apple site and it is happening to a lot of iPhones too. One said that when he upgraded the OS they disappeared so perhaps in September it will sort out.

OP
M

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have upgraded the IOS to 10.3.3 and it is still the same, so there was no cookie bug remover in that one.

OP
M

Mast2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, if they are persistent cookies, they will probably stay for a certain pre-determined time.

Thanks for your answer, but it does seem that they are checking what other sites you go to, where does privacy come into it when you cannot delete them?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the internet is not a very private place! All you realistically can do is limit the type of website that can set cookies or, when the opportunity arises, fill out the options companies must now give you to select the type of cookie they leave on your browser. I wouldn't really worry too much about cookies. They can't spy on you and are usually pretty harmless.

Most reactions

Latest posts