What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather Widget wanted or App that keeps weather on main page

globalmark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok
teething troubles with new ipad 3 (OS 5.1)
I am looking for a Weather widget or app that just keeps the info on the Main screen - so when i pick up the Ipad it is there , Don't want a App that i have to Click as have tried 4-5 already ..
I have one on Android phone or on Macbook pro Dashboard , and just sits there when i look at the phone it's always there with current weather..

Does anyone know of a App or widget i can download that has this feature (free is Possible - as cannot seem to buy app here in Australia with paypal another thing to figure out)

thanks Mark

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No widgets on iPad.

Best you can do is place a weather app in your dock located at the bottom of the screen for quick access.

Another option is to run a weather app constantly and gesture it to the background with a four or five finger pinch when you want to run another app.

I use weather HD and intellicast.

OP
G

globalmark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Midranger4

thanks for that Info I was not aware that it just couldn't be done or No widgets on a Ipad as I see many post's people talk about Widgets But never found one that helped
Good to know I can stop Looking - Not bothered having it as this Gesture Background
Just thought it would be nice to have a small weather widget Permentantly showing the Weather on the main app Page , so whenever I turned on or when to that Home page show the weather Like on Android devices ..
Thanks for help Anyway
Mark

Cheers Mark

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is not completely impossible. If you are willing to jailbreak your device there are some weather tweaks available. If you visit the Hacking section you will find some sticky threads at the top of the thread list. These will give you the basics of jailbreaking on the iPad. It's similar to rooting an Android device.

I don't believe iOS 5.1 on the new iPad has been fully jailbroken yet; but it is only a matter of time.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple and widgets do not mesh. True though, if you jailbreak you will be able to do this. There have been reports of jailbroken new iPads but no available download yet for the general population.

Sp1kestrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not completely impossible. If you are willing to jailbreak your device there are some weather tweaks available. If you visit the Hacking section you will find some sticky threads at the top of the thread list. These will give you the basics of jailbreaking on the iPad. It's similar to rooting an Android device.

I don't believe iOS 5.1 on the new iPad has been fully jailbroken yet; but it is only a matter of time.

The jailbreak is in the works, but not available yet. You can install an app called Fahrenheit from the app store which will put a badge on the app's icon representing the temperature. This is the closest thing you can get to a widget without jailbreaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts