What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Want iPads, Not Just Any Old Tablets!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_dominance.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All Things D reports today on a new tablet survey from Bernstein Research, which finds that consumers are “not interested in form factors that deviate from the benchmark set by Apple,†and that less than 15 percent of consumers prefer a 7-inch screen rather than the iPad’s 10-inch screen. In fact, more than 50 percent of respondents said that they liked the 10-inch screen best, prompting Bernstein Research to come to the conclusion that recently launched 7-inch tablets such as the Blackberry Playbook are “destined for failure.†Bernstein Research adds that this apparent consumer fondness for the 10-inch model goes some way to explaining why Samsung’s 7-inch Galaxy tablet has failed to really take off, and why Samsung is now introducing tablets with larger screens. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bernstein Research’s figures also show that the tablet market is very polarised, with Apple dominating the premium top end, and a very fragmented lower end. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: Consumers Don't Want Tablets, They Want iPads - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD[/FONT]

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not wedded to iOS devices, but I certainly wouldn't buy competitors unless they at least matched what Apple already offers me. From the looks of things, that's not happening anytime soon, sadly.

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i agree,the android has a lot of quirks and unfinished business.The ONE thing I wish Apple Ipad would offer,is Flash.Just regular good Ol Flash.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Sombrauo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that apple by now its far away from other tablets producers. Maybe in two years or so the competicion will be stronger

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i agree,the android has a lot of quirks and unfinished business.The ONE thing I wish Apple Ipad would offer,is Flash.Just regular good Ol Flash.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Well I for one don't want flash on any of my iDevices. I've had flash on my android devices already and wasn't impressed at all . The battery life on my iPad 2 is 2-3 days. My old 7" Galaxy Tab was less than a day. Flash also offers a slower web browsing experience and that is something that I use my iPad for the most.

Vsing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I DO wish we had at least the option for flash. I run into sites EVERY SINGLE DAY that use flash and it irritates me no end that I cannot view them. I am a musician, and many of the sites I browse to choose new music require Flash to run. I am at the point of giving my iPad2 to my daughter and buying the new Blackberry tablet just because it is Flash-capable. This is ridiculous. It ought to be our choce whether we run it or not.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I DO wish we had at least the option for flash. I run into sites EVERY SINGLE DAY that use flash and it irritates me no end that I cannot view them. I am a musician, and many of the sites I browse to choose new music require Flash to run. I am at the point of giving my iPad2 to my daughter and buying the new Blackberry tablet just because it is Flash-capable. This is ridiculous. It ought to be our choce whether we run it or not.

But it's never going to happen, so why must we continue to
horse.gif
? There are so many other tablets out there now that do offer flash, so those that want flash have a choice now...

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no sympathy if you did not do your research with regards to flash, before getting your iPad.

And I will only say this once.

Flash discussion ends now. Do not turn this thread into a flash debate.

End of discussion.

Most reactions

Latest posts