What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch Xvid Videos Natively on iPad!

mkrowkis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CineXPlayer, the latest app to sneak past the App Store approval squad, helpfully plays Xvid videos with zero conversion required!!

Just like last week's ill-fated MiTube, CineXPlayer's stay in the App Store will likely be a brief one, so you should grab it now before it gets yanked!!

CineXPlayer lets you drop AVI videos encoded with the Xvid codec right onto your iPad via iTunes File Sharing, where they can be played back instantly, without conversion.

If you're able to get the app, an instructional video is included that shows you how to transfer the video to the iPad :)

Of the handful of videos I tried, CineXPlayer faltered on a few, but the majority looked great and played without issue.

GET THIS APP BEFORE APPLE YANKS IT OUT OF THE APP STORE!

Shambone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded this last night but Im yet to try it. Has anyone got any xvid films running using it?

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded this app. Its cute and all, but who uses anything in .avi anymore? Where is my MKV support with hardware acceleration so it can play at least 720P?

Hoot69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works, though on both videos I tried there was some "stuttering" in the beginning, but smoothed out after 15 seconds or so.

I purchased an Archos 5 last year, and the person I bought it from has some .avi files. Should be simpler than trying to convert.

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used it, prefer Oplayer to it still as about half of my .avi's do not work on CineX.

I also do not believe it will be pulled, Oplayer and YxPlayer have been in the app store for some weeks and months now without any hassles from Apple, and I still feel they do more and better (including .mkv to a limited degree with Oplayer)

Still not sure why CineX got all they hype, they were hardly the first.

Most reactions