What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanting to use the iPad in the classroom

bjameslynch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'll be getting an iPad as soon as my student loan check arrives, and I want to use it for my classes. Ideally, I want it to supplement as many traditional school supplies (notebooks, pens, possibly textbooks) as possible and document the experience as I go. I know there are several note taking apps available, as well as course planners and the like. I've already ordered a Dodocase and a dagi stylus to make the experience easier.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend which apps I should get, or offer any advice I should keep in mind as I begin the experiment.

ibgeorgeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For general studies I would use Note Taker HD, WritePad and Notebooks. I'm not a power user and I'm sure there will be others who will recommend their preferences. Good luck.

OP
B

bjameslynch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I've added the apps to my wishlist. As for Writepad, I love the thought of what I write being transcribed but I worry about how accurate the transcription is. I don't have the greatest handwriting on paper, and I wonder how well it will work on the iPad. Oh well, I suppose the best way to find out is to try it.

chinseng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, so far we have the application that is good enough for like handwriting on ipad. The main hurdle will be the stylus. I got a dagi, it's not exactly the one I thought it would be. And pogo doesn;t seem that good for handwriting from what i read online.

Most reactions