What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to keep my emails

trumperl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

May be is a dumb question but I couldn't figure out how to keep my e-mails on the Ipad 2 after my Notebook (that clean the email from my server) receive the mails. The Ipad 2 automatically erase all the mails. what if I want to keep it one month, two, etc? Is any option to save it, keep it, etc? Is a pop3 email (not a hotmail, or gmail address)
Thanks
Luis

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go to 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Accounts', -> choose the email account in question then, depending on how the account is configured, you'll be able to find an 'Advanced' tab (you might have to look for it for a while, it's sometimes a couple of tabs away from the account 'front page') and there you'll find a 'Delete from Server' tab and you can change how long emails are kept on the server.

Tim

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say the iPad2 automatically erases all the emails. From where? From the server or the iPad? You also say your netbook deletes them from the server after downloading. So this means if you want them on the iPad, you have to be sure you don't view them on the netbook first. Once they are on the iPad, they should stay in the inbox until you delete them. You may have to go into mail settings and increase the number of recent messages to show.

modemjunkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saving individual emails on iPad 2

What i want to do is bey able to save some or all of my emails to a location on the iPad, at least the important ones.

I use spamcop as my server. It sorts mail into an inbox and a "held mail" folder. My practice has been for years to use popmail on my home pc to download and and remove mail from the inbox, that account is set to delete mail from the server. i have used a popmail on my mobile devices to veiw mail but not delete from the server, being careful not to download to the PC before going out or if I expect to be reading on the Ipad that day.

If i see something athome that i want available on the iPad, i forward it to an otherwise unused gmail account that is also picked up on my iPad.

I usually let about 500 messages accumulate in my inbox on the phone beforemoving them to trash. Then i delete the previous trash and move the new trash over there. On the phone i have been moving important mail to drafts. I suppose I could do that on the iPad as well, but i would really like to
have acway to save important messages to a place on theiPad so that i can read them even when i have no access to the server.

I don't need to see the held mail on the iPad. Actually, i would like to access them through my spamcop webmail account every couple of days, but in Safari, i can"t find a way to delete them in bulk.

So that is probably far more than you wanted or needed to know for what started iut as a simple question: how can i save individual emails permanently on an iPad 2?

Thanks
Len

iPadsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say the iPad2 automatically erases all the emails. From where? From the server or the iPad? You also say your netbook deletes them from the server after downloading. So this means if you want them on the iPad, you have to be sure you don't view them on the netbook first. Once they are on the iPad, they should stay in the inbox until you delete them. You may have to go into mail settings and increase the number of recent messages to show.

Having the same problem and it's irritating. My MacBook is my final "deleter" off my pop server. Mails would download and STAY on all my devices (iPod, iPhone, iMac) if they are downloaded before I download on my iMac. This is not the case on my iPad. They only stay for as long as they stay on my server.

I have tried ALL the advanced option in numerous different scenarios, but no luck! Even if I move them on my iPad to another folder they 'vanish' off my iPad after downloading on my iMac.

iPadsouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. I suppose Noob stands for something. I've setup my account as an imap and not a pop. Works fine now. Oops. (and I've only been using apple for 6 years)

magika

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, did you receive any answers? I have the same problem, I want to see the e.mails on the iPad even if they were opened on the Macbook. Settings I also tried, did not solve the problem.
Thanks
magika

Most reactions

Latest posts