What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want Numbers to display in all caps

Lauditor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We use the iPad and Numbers in auditing buildings for energy efficiency. How can we get Numbers to display in all uppercase no matter if the data is typed in as uppercase or not?

Finding out how could really help us!

Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Well, I'm not sure how you are doing entries in the cells and whether you need to switch back and forth between text and numbers? But double tapping the caps key will put it set on 'caps lock' and all letters will remain all uppercase; however, if you are switching between cells w/ different properties then I'm not sure if there is a setting w/i Numbers for iPad to achieve your purpose?

Hopefully, others may 'chime in' w/ further suggestions, and please post back if you find a simpler solution - good luck!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know of anyway to force all caps formatting in a text entry cell.

The best I can come up with is to use one of the small-caps fonts like Copperplate or Bodoni 72 Smallcaps. You can choose them using the Text option under the Cells tab when formatting a cell, or group of cells. Copperplate comes the closest to looking like simple all caps, even when there are capitals and small text.

If the cell only has a few possible options you can format it as a Pop-Up menu instead, and enter all the menu choices in caps.

You can force upper case text results in a formula cell by using the UPPER function.

Most reactions

Latest posts