What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wal-Mart May Sell Apple IPad This Year in Electronics Expansion

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bloomberg

Wal-Mart May Sell Apple IPad This Year in Electronics Expansion

May 13, 2010, 12:02 AM EDT From Businessweek

By Chris Burritt
May 13 (Bloomberg) -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. may start selling Apple Inc.’s iPad in 2010 in some U.S. stores as it competes with electronics chains for consumers who want to connect their e-mail, movies, games and music.
“We anticipate being able to have the iPad later this year,” Gary Severson, senior vice president of entertainment for Wal-Mart’s U.S. stores, said in a telephone interview.

more

Wal-Mart May Sell Apple IPad This Year in Electronics Expansion - BusinessWeek

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Makes sense, my local Wal-Mart has the iPhone and iPod so why not.

It's funny because two years ago when I got my iPhone, I got it at Wal-Mart because in our town the AT&T store did not sell it.....

applenoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Maybe Wal-mart can get some to actually sell, unlike Best Buy. I'm tired of waiting for Best Buy so I guess I'll order through Apple.

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If Apple's goal is to get an iPad in every hand, you can't do much better than Wal-Mart.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wal-Mart is going knock heads with Best Buy, and the iPad is a good fit for them. The iPad is not a substitute for a laptop, or desktop, but consider the family that already has one computer, but needs more. Given the experience of getting a netbook, or spending more money to get a decent laptop, the iPad starts making sense. If they get the word out about the iPad better through Wal-Mart, it really starts to make sense.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wal-Mart is going knock heads with Best Buy, and the iPad is a good fit for them. The iPad is not a substitute for a laptop, or desktop, but consider the family that already has one computer, but needs more. Given the experience of getting a netbook, or spending more money to get a decent laptop, the iPad starts making sense. If they get the word out about the iPad better through Wal-Mart, it really starts to make sense.

I agree it isnt a desktop replacement...but I feel no need or loss at not having a laptop at all.

I still see iPad in a different class. While a laptop can be a desktop replacement, the iPad is a desktop companion.

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another good piece is that maybe they'll stock a bunch of accessories

Not sure about WalMart stocking a lot of iPad accessories. Their selection of iPhone accessories is skimpy, not to mention they don't put it all in one place. Maybe it's just the Hawaii stores but every one I've been in has a terrible electronics department (stuff on display wherever, shelves not well stocked, etc.) Currently I find the best selection for iPhone and iPad accessories at the Apple store (luckily there are two within 5 miles of me :D). Price is another story though....

Most reactions

Latest posts