What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VPN - unable to edit settings

Bency5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all,
I have a really frustrating issue with my ipad2. I initially setup the VPN settings with no problems but my server
Changed and I wanted to reconfigure the details. Unfortunately, this little box of love will no longer allow me to
Edit the VPN settings, does anyone have any ideas of howi can reconfigure these settings. I can't even click on thevpn button in the settings.....

Help

Thanks
Paul

Globalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also unable to edit setting for VPN service which was previously setup. This appears to have happened after the latest upgrade to iOS 5.0.1.

I have checked and unchecked Restrictions re-booted the pad but no change I am simply asked to put in a password which has been done then a notification advises the the IPSec key is required then I am binned!

Any advice appreciated - thanks in advance

Globalpad

Ps : I am accessing this thread via the web interface not the IPF app as the thread could not be found when searching all Forums and subs, key word used : VPN !

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know much about the VPN settings, since I don't use them; but I'm wondering, if you Forget the Network then rejoin it, can you change your VPN settings then. They should be blank, letting you start from scratch.

Globalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for getting back. In fact just solved the problem - bit brutal !

Solution : Settings > General > Reset > Network ( then setup again, also WiFi will need to be setup as well)

Cheers

microchip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for getting back. In fact just solved the problem - bit brutal !

Solution : Settings > General > Reset > Network ( then setup again, also WiFi will need to be setup as well)

Cheers

Hi,

no need to reset any networks, the VPN on the left is only there for quick access to put VPN on, to change VPN settings, u go to settings > general > network > VPN and change your setings there, if u can remember from the begining, the VPN button on the left was never there, it only apears once u setup a VNP connection,

Kind Regards

microchip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
geoffatmm said:
Thanks for the advice microchip. Much quicker than rebuilding all my wifi settings!

Geoff

Always happy to help, i also noticed ipad forums has an app with push notifications, way easier to see replies on posts than on the web

Most reactions

Latest posts