What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume control

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 7th Gen. running IOS 14.8. I am aware of the volume buttons on the side of the device and the slide down control in the upper right corner of the screen. However, there are some sites where no matter what I do the volume is still too low. Is there anything in Settings that will allow me to increase the volume even further?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apps almost always change the system volume, but websites often have their own volume controls. Those affect the volume before it gets fed to the iPad, affecting the maximum loudness. Think of it this way, if the singer is whispering into the microphone, there is only so much the amplifier can do to make it louder.

Look for the volume settings on the site or media playback interface, and make sure they aren't set low.

Of course it's possible that the site itself produces low audio levels, or the media does. That should be pretty rare, at least on mainstream sites.

Most reactions

Latest posts