What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice Over Double tap

nmpettus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you change the double tap speed (the interval time between taps)? I seem to be too slow and it misses my double taps. I am trying to set this up for my 80 yr old uncle who has macular degeneration. Thanks.

Norm

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid it is not possible to change the interval that the iPad recognises as that between a 'double tap'. I am not sure what can be done to help in this case - maybe another member will have a suggestion but, as far as I am aware, this interval cannot be changed - which, I agree, is strange.

Tim

OP
N

nmpettus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. As you say it seems strange that it is not an option. I hope others will respond with any possible solutions. Thanks again.

Norm

Reaction score
Just read the title in combination with the post, now it makes a lot more sense, the double-tap required to use buttons, which usually only require a single touch is way too short.

The only good thing:
You can select a button and than double-tap anywhere on the screen to activate it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts