What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing app sizes.

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app that will easily allow me to see how much space each app installed is using?

I have a 16GB iPad and see that most of my space is being used up by apps, so wanted to find a way to get rid of the bigger apps I don't use as much. And just curious to know anyway what's being a space pig.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With your iPad connected to the computer go into iTunes (on the computer). Select your device from the left column. Choose the Apps tab. In the list of apps you can see the size of each app. You can even sort them by size.

Apps like GoodReader, SketchBook, iBooks, or other media/file apps will be taking up more room. How much depends on what you have loaded into them.

A check mark beside the app means it is currently on you iPad. If it is not checked that means you purchased the app at some time and either removed it from the iPad, or never synced it.

If all you apps are not showing up, the right click on the iPad listing in the right column and choose Transfer. This will move everything you've purchased on the iPad to the iTunes library on your computer. It's not a bad idea to do this once in a while anyway. It makes it less likely that you will lose stuff if you are ever forced to restore the iPad.

Last edited:
OP
R

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spink10 said:
If your phone is jailbroken - appinfo

Sent from my iPad using iPF

That was perfect. Thanks!

Turned out Bookman had 3GB in it's cache. Would have never guessed.
Was also weird that the Wallstreet Journal is using 250MB and I've only opened it once.

Most reactions

Latest posts