What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

View HD movies from Canon 7D or 5D?

eco_bach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone tell me if is possible to view HD movies on a Canon 7D or Canon 5D by simply using the camera connector kit, or is jailbreaking and 3rd party software needed?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By jail breaking. Then getting files, then hooking camera connector up to iPad n ur cam. That's if the movie is in mp4 format. If not, get player or vlc Player or cinexpalyer. Then using files, go into the cam files/flash drive. Cut/copy ur file/movie. Then paste it in one of those media players apps. U know apple really only supports mp4 movies. All other formats can be seen thru 3rd party apps. Plus jail breaking is the way to go to get most out of ur iPad ;-)

rocshaus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By jail breaking. Then getting files, then hooking camera connector up to iPad n ur cam. That's if the movie is in mp4 format. If not, get player or vlc Player or cinexpalyer. Then using files, go into the cam files/flash drive. Cut/copy ur file/movie. Then paste it in one of those media players apps. U know apple really only supports mp4 movies. All other formats can be seen thru 3rd party apps. Plus jail breaking is the way to go to get most out of ur iPad ;-)

7D native video file type is supposed to be an mp4. Op, are you able to use he camera connector on your 7D to transfer photos? Just bought a 7D and mine does sync.

poker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
7D native video file type is supposed to be an mp4. Op, are you able to use he camera connector on your 7D to transfer photos? Just bought a 7D and mine does sync.

My 7D will sync with the iPad but it doesn't play the videos. What app are you using to view/edit the 7D videos on the iPad?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have a 7d but use the CCK extensively with various devices. That's the problem with ninjailbroke iPad is that it mostly only sees photos n rarely movies from device, even if in native mp4 format.
Jailbreak ur device and get ifiles n guareentee you'd be able to see everything on ur cam, including videos. I have a digital jvc camcorder that I do this with. Just plugging it into I
Ad only shows the photos. If I start up ifiles, then press flash drive(jvc cam) on the left side, it will bring up ALL Folders n Files on that cam. Then I can view or copy/Cut/Paste the file/movie into the appropriate folder. I also use 3rd party media players. iPad native only basically supports mp4 format, although won't even see them a lot of times when u do have it. So if u try to play a DivX or mpeg2 file, it'll tell u file format not supported. This is where 3rd party apps like CineXplayer, VLC player, or Oplayer comes in handy. They play other media formats not supported by iPad n do so very well. If jail broken, just use ifiles(from Cydia). Copy/cut the movie file, then paste it into the media player of choice documents' folder. Then when u start up, player for ex., the movie will be there n can watch it no prob. U can move unsupported formats thru iTunes to the 3rd party app media player but unsure of the details. Probably drop n drag. I hate using iTunes n that's why I jail broke. To get ifiles so I can move files wherever I need to within iPad internal files. Ifiles is the top pc/Mac style file explorer for iPad and u can only get it thru being jail broken and installing it from Cydia store.

Most reactions