What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Streaming from your Desktop (even .FLV) using "Air Video"

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just gave a quick try to the universal app Air Video. It played every video I threw at it including .FLV (Flash) and .MKV (Blue Ray) videos over-the-air to my iPhone.

I haven't tried it on an iPad, but the quality was pretty friggin sweet. It just works. Any file you have on your PC or Mac, as far as I can tell, it converts real-time (quickly) and plays it over your Wi-Fi connection to your iPhone/iPad.

It also gives you the option of converting them (while not watching) and adding the files to iTunes for later viewing.

Can anyone speak to the video quality on the iPad half of this universal app?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's even better on the iPad.

MKV 1080p videos convert so beautifully.

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
Wow, another app to my list. I've ripped 500+ DVDs to Divx and over 100 Blu-rays and HD-DVDs to MKV and have them stored on my Windows Home Server, so this is huge news for me.

Most reactions