What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video effects app: Ken Burns with rain, fog, earthquake, lens flare etc.

Lucy.web

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been downloading some of the myriad video editor apps for ipad over the past week or so, looking for one with the effects I need. Specifically, I need to make simple short videos from still images (drawings) and then add motion using a mixture of Ken Burns effect, and various 'nature' special effects, particularly rain, fog and light effects.

I can do this in iMovie HD on my iMac, but I desperately need to be able to do it on my ipad, too.

Some older YouTube tutorials for iMovie on the iPad seem to show these effects as available, but they are not on my version of iMovie for iOs.

An app called Video FX has some of the effects I need, but the app feels a bit clunky and has perhaps not been updated in a while, and is far from ideal. It only works in portrait mode, and is quite limited,

I am ready to upgrade my iPad Mini to a top spec iPad Pro. But if I can't find an app that does this function for me, then I may have to switch to a basic Macbook instead, and I really don't want to do that, as I love my iPad! ;)

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Most reactions

Latest posts