What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video converter

AJLComputers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm trying to convert my video collection to mp4 so that it'll all work on the iPad but I'm yet to find a decent video converter. All I want it to do is take the current avi (or whatever) file and convert it to mp4 keeping all the same quality settings as the original file, is there anything like this available?

So far all I have found is a number of apps that take ages to configure them so that the output matches the input quality settings only to find that the quality is awful on the mp4 at the end. The only way I've got the quality to come out the same is to run these converters with 2 or 3 times the bit rate of the original files and then the file size is way too big.

So far I have used...

AVS
Xillisoft
Super
Cucusoft

So any others that might do the job or any settings I can try on these ones to get them to work?

Thanks!

miniklop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can advise another converter used myself few month for convert to ipad, called iPad-Video-Converter (macvide.com). hope help you)

Most reactions