What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very warm charger

Jenny954

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a newbie, so please bear with me. I'm still trying to figure out how these forums work!

My concern is this, whenever I'm charging the iPad, my charger gets very warm. Is this normal?

Also bottom of the iPad is always warm. I mean on the top of the screen surface. Is this normal?

Thanks

lasllcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jenny954 said:
I'm a newbie, so please bear with me. I'm still trying to figure out how these forums work!

My concern is this, whenever I'm charging the iPad, my charger gets very warm. Is this normal?

Also bottom of the iPad is always warm. I mean on the top of the screen surface. Is this normal?

Thanks

Warm yes, hot no; I know it is subjective but that's it. The conversion of energy, weather from electrical to chemical (battery storage, charging) or the other way around (turning on your Pad) results in the pad getting warm. The charger gets warm because the electrical bits running thru it meet some resistance to their movement and that results in heat generated within the charger case. Very simplistic it that's all that is really happening.

OP
J

Jenny954

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please, don't give me all the scientific mambo jumbo, just tell me if it normal. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jenny954 said:
Please, don't give me all the scientific mambo jumbo, just tell me if it normal. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Probably. You don't offer a lot of information so people can make strong statement. But is is normal or a charger to get warm when it is charging something. The iPad 3 can also get warm to the touch, so this is normal too, depending on what you are doing.

OP
J

Jenny954

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ-OC see my description above, it's detailed. Thank you.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What brightness level are you using? How long has the screen been on when you find it getting warm? How quickly does the front of the screen get warm? What is TTR room temp when you iPad get very warm?

There are lots of variations that plan into this.

Why don't you take it to an apple store and show them how warm it is and ask them if it is normal!

lasllcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
What brightness level are you using? How long has the screen been on when you find it getting warm? How quickly does the front of the screen get warm? What is TTR room temp when you iPad get very warm?

There are lots of variations that plan into this.

Why don't you take it to an apple store and show them how warm it is and ask them if it is normal!

Not to mention what exactly is "warm""in your opinion. With out anything else to go on the above mentioned Apple Store trip is your best bet.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whilst my iPad2 is charging the plug gets warm to the touch, but once it reaches 100% the plug goes cold.

My iPad2 with medium brightness always remains cold to the touch. You don't state which iPad you have, but it it's the 'New iPad' then there are various posts within this forum highlighting that they can get very warm.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

driggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jenny i think its normal, i'm a ipad3 newbie too and my charger adapter, the part that plugs into the wall, gets pretty warm while charging. i'll be keeping an eye on it but i think its okay.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most power adaptors get warm to the touch some even quite hot while charging , this is normal and the heat reduces as the battery charge reduces till fully charged!

Most reactions

Latest posts