What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon iPad Hotspot Facility Lasts for Over 24 Hours

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
New_iPad_wireless.JPG

AppleInsider reports today on some great news for owners of the Verizon LTE version of the new iPad, which is the only current version of the iPad that can be used as a Wi-Fi hotspot for your other devices, as Verizon is currently the only carrier that has enabled the facility on the new iPad for its customers. According to a report on AnandTech, this new Verizon-branded iPad actually works extremely efficiently as a Wi-Fi hotspot, lasting for nearly five times as long as most standalone LTE mobile hotspots. When AnandTech tested this capability on Verizon’s iPad, it found that it was able to share its LTE connection with other devices, such as notebooks or laptops, for approximately 25.3 hours, provided the iPad’s display is turned off. AppleInsider says that this is around five times longer than Novatel and Samsung’s LTE MiFi mobile hotspots, which both last around four hours. AppleInsider adds that The Verge has also carried out similar tests with almost identical results to those of AnandTech.

Source: Apple's new Verizon iPad can serve as LTE hotspot for more than 24 hours

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would be great if the next generation iPhone offers a free hotspot then I can drop my 20.00 per month tethering for my iPad.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Most reactions

Latest posts