What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using your iPad while in the sun.

Cathie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help. Has anyone figured out how to use their iPad in the sun? I love to read outdoors and it is impossible to read even in the shade. I've already sold my Kindle. A while back I read something about reversing the screen to black and print to white. Does anyone know how to do this? I 'm hoping this will solve my problem. Thanks!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's a glare issue perhaps you can consider one of the many dry application anti glare screen protectors. I think there's a thread that talks about just that subject plus I'm actually looking at an advert of one on the forum right now.:D

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I can read outside fine, and do, but not in direct sunlight. Never understood the than perhaps at the beach, why some one would want to set in direct sunlight and read.... Here in Texas it's too hot! A shade tree is nice though.....

Anyway, you did not say whist reader app you are using. I know the Kindle app can do black screen, if you are using it just go to the font settings menu...

Last edited:
OP
C

Cathie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bremen, Thanks for letting me know how to change to black on the Kindle app. I'm afraid that didn't work. On top of that, I have a Zapp screen protector on that is not anti-glare and my glasses that I are Transitions changing to dark in sun light. I am probably going to have to re-invest in a Kindle reader. I wish I had realized this a month ago, I would never have let go of mine. But I would still have gotten my iPad 64 3g. I dearly love it!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
This is kind of "assumed" but I saw no one said it.... Outside use, go to settings and turn the brightness all the way up. Makes a big difference, might want to turn it back down indoors ..... It will cut battery life a bit....

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Settings > General > Accessibility

turn Whit on Black to the on position.

Or you could also set your tripple-click on the home button to change back and forth between regular and black/white.

DavidSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not good idea I think. It would hurt your eyes and your iPad, especially in the direct sunlight. So get a sun unbrella?

peanut264

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can't get one. i'm new to site so bear with me. any ideas for sun screen if umbrella not an option?

Most reactions

Latest posts